East of Hudson Watershed Corporation- Watershed Planner Position
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Office Location: Patterson, New York
The East of Hudson Watershed Corporation is seeking a qualified individual to serve in the role of Watershed Planner. Resumes should be submitted electronically as MS Word or PDF format to Linda Matera, EOHWC, via email to email@example.com. The subject line must include “EOHWC Watershed Planner Application” and must be received on or before 5:00 p.m. March 31, 2020.
EOHWC Background and Mission
The mission of the EOHWC is to reduce phosphorus levels in the East of Hudson watershed by designing and constructing stormwater practices which retrofit existing developed area. The phosphorus reduction is a heightened requirement of the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (“MS4”) general permit issued by the NYSDEC. The East of Hudson Watershed Corporation (EOHWC) was formed in 2011 by nineteen municipalities in Dutchess, Putnam
and Westchester Counties in order to facilitate compliance with the phosphorus reduction requirement in the New York City East of Hudson watershed. The EOHWC identifies and manages the design and construction of stormwater retrofit projects in the East of Hudson watershed.
Position and General Duties
The Watershed Planner will assist and report to the Director of Engineering. Job duties include site assessment, plan review, construction site inspection, assisting in obtaining permits and meeting regulatory compliance, project management, and consultant/contractor management. To accomplish these tasks applicants should demonstrate their knowledge and ability to:
- Perform data management and analysis using ARCGIS.
- Review of stormwater management practices as described in the
NYSDEC Stormwater Management Design Manual.
- Conduct site evaluations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal policy and regulations related to water quality, watershed management, and the Clean Water Act; including working experience with the NYSDEC and NYCDEP and the most current version of the NYSDEC SPDES General Permit and MS4 SPDES General Permit;
- Develop and describe innovative means for obtaining phosphorus reduction across the Watershed;
- Work with local planning department representatives to incorporate individual MS4 projects and proposed construction into the program;
- Ability to read, write, review and understand engineering plans, specifications, calculations, regulations, proposals, grants, contracts and other similar documents.
- Project management; including consultant/contractor management, project scopes, budgets, schedules, change orders, and tracking submittals.
- Assist with developing project plans for proposed work, managing changes in project scope, and preparing reports of planned work and completed work.
- Develop presentation materials for local government boards and councils.
- Any other tasks and work assignments that are not specifically listed above that are required by the Executive Committee to fulfill the EOHWC mission.
- Construction phase services, including contracts, bid review, construction observation, and construction closeout.
- Duties may include field work on rough terrain.
- Additional duties may be added as the work and this position develop.
- Ability to run water quality.
- A demonstrated understanding of the application of Esri ARCGIS technology to solve water quality and water resource problems.
- College Degree or comparable experience in related technical or planning program.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Technical writing experience.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- CPESC, CPSWQ and/or CPMSM a plus.
Salary based on experience ($55,000 – $70,000)
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance